Master Herbalist Online Course
a designation that invokes trust and confidence.
A Master Herbalist is a title that denotes proficiency in the use of herbs. What a Master Herbalist actually does often varies with the individual’s talents as well as the desired expression of such knowledge and creativity. This is where it gets exciting.
For instance, some herbalists are avid foragers and know much about plant identification, growth and habitats, as well as the medicinal and/or food uses of plants – a study called botany. Other herbalists are professional seed savers, farmers, or gardeners that specialize in providing plants for other gardeners, medicinal, or culinary use. Still others like to compound herbs and make herbal remedies such as infusions, decoctions, tinctures, salves, creams, medicinal syrups, suppositories, and encapsulations.
Some herbalists spend their time studying and writing books, articles, and blogs while others work in retail helping customers make the right product selections or work in an herbal apothecary setting selling herbs by weight, or mixing herbal blends to help with specific ailments. However, most commonly, herbalists are self-employed wellness consultants who observe and assess clients to offer natural solutions for their health issues and to maintain proper wellness.
Our 4-Phase Learning System guides each student through the learning process of understanding and interpretation. Each phase builds upon the previous phase to provide a solid foundation of knowledge. In addition to carefully selected books and written manuals we provide online case study classes and quarterly advanced knowledge classes. Case studies are an invaluable resource and are included in our customized manuals on Lyme Disease, Autoimmune Diseases and Parasites of Human Interest manuals.
Graduates of the Master Herbalist program makes you eligible to apply for Board Certification with the American Association of Drugless Practitioners Certification and Accreditation Board. Board Certification is voluntary. Presently, there exists no licensure in the United States for an herbalist. You may freely consult with clients as long as you do not “diagnose or treat”.
Requirements: 9 books/manuals, 2 projects, and 2 online classes (Case Studies #1 and #2, and Case Studies #3 and #4). Estimated time to complete this program is 12 months. 39 credit hours/624 study hours.
YOUR MASTER HERBALIST STUDIES INCLUDE
- modern and traditional herbal remedy studies
- herbal medicine-making projects
- creating an herbal reference document for use in your office
- online client case studies
- studies in botany, parasites, and nutrition
- Real Time Study Group
G350 Herbs and Physiology
Herbal ABC’s: The Foundation of Herbal Medicine
by Dr. Sharol Marie Tilgner
G415 Studies in Botany
Botany in a Day APG
by Thomas J. Elpel
SG30 Herbal Reference Project
(Start in Phase 1, Finish in Phase 4)
M310 Vitamin, Minerals, and Supplements
by Darlene Jorgens
G440 Properties & Formulas
School of Natural Healing
by Dr. John R. Christopher
M200 Nutrition & Health
by Sharlene Peterson
G400 Herbal Preparations
The Herbal Medicine Maker’s Handbook
by James Green
SG31 Herbal Preparation Projects
(herbal medicine-making projects)
M250 Parasites of Human Interest
by Sharlene Peterson
G460 Medical Herbalism
by David Hoffman
G470 Earthwise Herbal Repertory
Earthwise Herbal Repertory
by Matthew Wood
A125 Aroma & Herbs/Pregnancy
Aromatherapy & Herbal Remedies-Pregnancy/Breastfeeding, (2015)
by Demetria Clark
Download Course Catalog for more information about our Master Herbalist Program requirements.
Paid in Full: $1,850 (includes $250 non-refundable application fee).
Installment Plan: $1,950 ($250 non-refundable application fee as your down payment and $170.00 per month for 10 months or $130.77 for 13 months).
Military/Law Enforcement/First Responders Discount: 25% off any program for anyone who has or is serving in the military or in law enforcement. This discount is also available for the spouse – when one serves the whole family serves!
HUGE SAVINGS WITH DOUBLE DEGREE PROGRAMS!
All programs have been purposely designed to overlap in key study areas to provide an affordable opportunity to broaden your studies. Students may enroll in additional programs at any time with duplicate classes credited in full. A Master Herbalist may add the Clinical Master Herbalist course for $1,400.
- Master Herbalist: With the advanced studies provided by Genesis School of Natural Health you will have the knowledge to work with clients in a professional office setting. Herbalists typically earn $75-150 per hour depending on work experience and education.
- Education: Teaching, sharing your knowledge with others is a very diverse field. Classes may include: how to make your own tinctures, salves, and safe body products; how to grow your own herbs; anti-aging effects of nutrition and herbs, overcoming conditions like IBS, and much more.
- Public Speaking: Educational events in the field of herbology are growing. Establish your own platform or work as a guest speaker and educator at events that are already established.
- Writing Opportunities: Write articles or blogs for health-based websites and health food stores, write articles for magazines or newspapers, and create and publish your own book.
- Herbal Products Consultant: Most health food store owners do not know which herbal products to offer or are needed by the public. As a Master Herbalist you could be a consultant for both the herbal remedies chosen and placement of the herbal remedies within the other products.
- Herbal Formulator: Develop and market your own herbal formulas or work for an herbal manufacturing company.
“At Genesis School of Natural Health you’ll discover a comprehensive, personalized course of study guaranteed to equip you for your career in natural health care.I transferred to GSNH from a well-recognized, established natural health school where I had been disappointed in the lack of mentorship and hands-on training in their doctor of naturopathy program. Anyone can acquire a book list to read through and many natural health schools share similar curriculum contents… it’s the personal connection that inspires excellence and distinguishes among schools. – Faith S.
If you have questions about this or any of the programs at Genesis School of Natural Health, please use our contact form and we will email and/or call – you may choose on the contact form if you prefer a call or would like to use email.
Enjoy the Journey,
Genesis School of Natural Health