Phytochemistry Certificate Course
Join us in an exciting journey into all things herbal! First, you will learn how to identify plants according to common plant family patterns, then study the nature of plant chemicals (a branch of science called phytochemistry). Your confidence will blossom as you discover which methods work best for processing your own hand-crafted remedies as well as how to harmonize herbs for the most therapeutic blends. Next, relax and enjoy studies in herbal medicine-making from harvest through extraction resulting in a variety of products such as teas, tinctures, salves, lotions, and syrups to name a few. This foundational course includes free helpful guides that will become invaluable as you work with herbs.
- G400 Herbal Preparations: The Herbal Medicine Maker’s Handbook by James Green
- G415 Studies in Botany: Botany in a Day, by Thomas J. Elpel
- G480 Phytochemistry: Herbal Constituents: Foundations of Phytochemistry, 2nd edition, by Lisa Ganora
- M220 Menstruum & Math by Sharlene Peterson (PDF)
- SG31 Herbal Preparations (2 Projects)
- Herbal Dosage Conversion Chart (PDF)
The Phytochemistry Test & Study Guide has extensive notes (many pages) not found in the book!
Includes 5 Bonus Guides!
- Herbal Adaptogens
- Lung Health & Herbal Support
- Herbal Infusions & Teas
- Three Unrivaled Antiviral Herbs
- Herbal Medicine Chest: Teas & Infusions
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison, 1903