Perfectly Suited Herbalism & Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy paired with the study of whole herbs is unique but, they are perfectly suited for each other. Master Herbalist studies will include the vast knowledge that traditional herbalism has provided and the modern view of herbal constituents and scientific studies.
The Aromatherapy Consultant program includes meticulously selected texts and materials to create a program that is both compact and comprehensive. Learn how to confidently and safely use essential oils with all age groups and gain the science-based knowledge necessary to dispel unsafe marketing myths that perpetuate the industry.
If you’re already working as a nurse, massage therapist, medical assistant or other health care professional, this program can help you incorporate natural healing methods into your practice.
Student Testimonial: “I want to thank you for the experience with Genesis School of Natural Health. I really believe you are far superior to other natural health schools because of your content and dedication. I’ve learned so much more than I ever expected. Thank you, R. L.”
Real Time: Led by Sharlene Peterson every 4-6 weeks, Real Time is a live, open-discussion meeting that is held online. Our students are invited to attend from the comfort of their own homes. Come and collect clinical “pearls,” as well as ask questions and engage in a variety of health-related conversations.
Accreditations: All graduates of our diploma programs are eligible to apply for Board Certification with The American Association of Drugless Practitioners. Certifications are voluntary – not required. You may freely consult with clients as long as you do not “diagnose or treat”.
Professional Aromatherapy & Herbal Studies
- Learn the history & science of essential oils
- Explore the possibilities of carrier oils, salts & hydrosols
- Discover an extensive modern & traditional herbal materia medica
- Create a customized herbal quick reference form to use in your very own office
- Studies include botany, reflexology, aromatherapy, and more!
Requirements include 20 books/manuals/audio, 2 projects, 4 case studies, and 5 study guides. Estimated time to complete this program is 20-24 months. 64 credit hours/768 study hours. The estimated time is a guideline. You may finish earlier or require more time depending on the amount of time you can devote for studies.
Estimated time to complete: 4-5 months
- AV14: GC/MS Interpretation (video)
- A100 Healing EOs: The Healing Power of Essential Oils by Eric Zielinski, D.C.
- A125 Aroma/Herbs & Pregnancy: Aromatherapy & Herbal Remedies for Pregnancy by Demetria Clark
- AV10 The Difference between Herbs & Essential Oils by Darlene Jorgens
- G415 Studies in Botany: Botany in a Day, 6th edition, by Thomas J. Elpel
- SG30 Herbal Reference Project
- Guide: Herbal Adaptogens by Sharlene Peterson
ATTENTION Military, Law Enforcement, & First Responders. Receive 25% off the program of your choice. This discount applies to all who have served, are currently serving, and their spouse. Thank you for your service!
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison, 1903