Master Herbalist Online Course
a designation that invokes trust and confidence.
The professional online Master Herbalist diploma course is designed for those seeking to work with clients in a professional office setting. Your confidence in determining the unique needs of each client increases with knowledge. Learn how herbalists prepare and use herbs and how the systems of the body function. Functional anatomy and herbal remedy knowledge will prepare you for a wide variety of health issues.
Our students, and we do hope you join us, receive much more than a list of books to read so they may turn in an open-book test. In addition to self-study of books and tests, we provide online instructor-led classes to prepare you for the critical thinking skills needed to make appropriate choices and recommendations.
Our 4-Phase Learning System guides each student through the learning process of understanding and interpretation. Each phase builds upon the previous phase to provide a solid foundation of knowledge. In addition to carefully selected books and written manuals we provide online case study classes and quarterly advanced knowledge classes. Case studies are an invaluable resource and are included in our customized manuals on Lyme Disease, Autoimmune Diseases and Parasites of Human Interest manuals.
Graduates of the Master Herbalist program makes you eligible to apply for Board Certification with the American Association of Drugless Practitioners Certification and Accreditation Board. Board Certification is voluntary. Presently, there exists no licensure in the United States for an herbalist. You may freely consult with clients as long as you do not “diagnose or treat”.
Requirements: 8 books/manuals, 2 projects, 1 DVD, and 3 online classes (Functional Anatomy, Case Studies #1 and #2, and Case Studies #3 and #4). Estimated time to complete this program is 12 months. 39 credit hours/624 study hours.
YOUR MASTER HERBALIST STUDIES INCLUDE
- modern and traditional herbal remedy studies
- herbal medicine-making projects
- creating an herbal reference document for use in your office
- online classes covering functional anatomy and client case studies
- studies in botany, parasites, and nutrition
- quarterly online classes for advanced studies
G350 Herbs and Physiology
Herbal ABC’s: The Foundation of Herbal Medicine
by Dr. Sharol Marie Tilgner
G415 Studies in Botany
Botany in a Day APG
by Thomas J. Elpel
SG30 Herbal Reference Project
(Start in Phase 1, Finish in Phase 4)
G310 Vitamin, Minerals, and Supplements
The Natural Physician’s Healing Therapies by Mark Stengler
OR Vitamins, Minerals, and Supplements by Darlene Jorgens
G440 Properties & Formulas
School of Natural Healing
by Dr. John R. Christopher
M200 Nutrition & Health
by Sharlene Peterson
G400 Herbal Preparations
The Herbal Medicine Maker’s Handbook
by James Green
SG31 Herbal Preparation Projects
(herbal medicine-making projects)
M250 Parasites of Human Interest
by Sharlene Peterson
G460 Medical Herbalism
by David Hoffman
G470 Earthwise Herbal Repertory
Earthwise Herbal Repertory
by Matthew Wood
G600 Kinesiology DVD
Muscle Testing for Your Health
by David J.Getoff
Download Course Catalog for more information about our Master Herbalist Program requirements.
Paid in Full: $1,850 (includes $250 non-refundable application fee).
Installment Plan: $1,950 ($250 non-refundable application fee as your down payment and $170.00 per month for 10 months or $130.77 for 13 months).
Military/Law Enforcement/First Responders Discount: 25% off any program for anyone who has or is serving in the military or in law enforcement. This discount is also available for the spouse – when one serves the whole family serves!
HUGE SAVINGS WITH DOUBLE DEGREE PROGRAMS!
All programs have been purposely designed to overlap in key study areas to provide an affordable opportunity to broaden your studies. Students may enroll in additional programs at any time with duplicate classes credited in full. A Master Herbalist may add the Clinical Master Herbalist course for $1,400.
- Master Herbalist: With the advanced studies provided by Genesis School of Natural Health you will have the knowledge to work with clients in a professional office setting. Herbalists typically earn $75-150 per hour depending on work experience and education.
- Education: Teaching, sharing your knowledge with others is a very diverse field. Classes may include: how to make your own tinctures, salves, and safe body products; how to grow your own herbs; anti-aging effects of nutrition and herbs, overcoming conditions like IBS, and much more.
- Public Speaking: Educational events in the field of herbology are growing. Establish your own platform or work as a guest speaker and educator at events that are already established.
- Writing Opportunities: Write articles or blogs for health-based websites and health food stores, write articles for magazines or newspapers, and create and publish your own book.
- Herbal Products Consultant: Most health food store owners do not know which herbal products to offer or are needed by the public. As a Master Herbalist you could be a consultant for both the herbal remedies chosen and placement of the herbal remedies within the other products.
- Herbal Formulator: Develop and market your own herbal formulas or work for an herbal manufacturing company.
“At Genesis School of Natural Health you’ll discover a comprehensive, personalized course of study guaranteed to equip you for your career in natural health care.I transferred to GSNH from a well-recognized, established natural health school where I had been disappointed in the lack of mentorship and hands-on training in their doctor of naturopathy program. Anyone can acquire a book list to read through and many natural health schools share similar curriculum contents… it’s the personal connection that inspires excellence and distinguishes among schools. – Faith S.
Contact Genesis School of Natural Health
Megan Lackey, Student Administrator