Diploma: Master Herbalist
Master Herbalist is a designation that invokes trust and confidence.
The online Master Herbalist diploma program is designed for those seeking to work with clients in a professional office setting. Your confidence in determining the unique needs of each client increases with knowledge. Our students, and we do hope you join us, receive much more than a list of books to read so they may turn in an open-book test. In addition to self-study of books and tests, we provide online instructor-led study group classes to prepare you for the critical thinking skills needed to make appropriate choices and recommendations.
Our Master Herbalist program makes you eligible to apply for Board Certification with the American Association of Drugless Practitioners Certification and Accreditation Board. Board Certification is voluntary. Presently, there exists no licensure in the United States for an herbalist. You may freely consult with clients as long as you do not “diagnose or treat”.
Coming Soon! Medical Herbalism diploma program – we are currently working on the classes/books that will be required for a medical herbalism designation. It will be very affordable to earn the degree for those who are currently enrolled or have graduated from the master herbalist program.
YOUR STUDIES WILL INCLUDE
- 45 credit hours/720 study hours
- a diverse selection of herbal books with herbal formulations (see below)
- 2 herbal projects to include a tincture and one project of choice
- creating an herbal reference document for use in your office
- 4 online classes covering functional anatomy, parasites, and client case studies
- non herbal studies: anatomy & physiology, kinesiology, and business practices
G200 Nutrition & Health
G210 Anatomy & Physiology
Anatomy and Physiology by Ross and Wilson
G310 Vitamin, Minerals, and Herbs
The Natural Physician’s Healing Therapies by Mark Stengler
G400 Herbal Preparations
The Herbal Medicine Maker’s Handbook by James Green
SG31 Herbal Preparation Projects
SG10 Study Group: Functional Anatomy
G440 Properties & Formulas
School of Natural Healing by Dr. John R. Christopher
G460 Medical Herbalism
Medical Herbalism by David Hoffman
SG30 Herbal Reference Project
G450 Chinese Medicine & Herbs
A Clinical Materia Medica…Combining Western Herbs
and Chinese Medicine by Jeremy Ross
G430 Women & Herbs
Women’s Herbs Women’s Health by Ch.Hobbs & K. Keville
SG21 Study Group: Client Case Studies #1
G600 Kinesiology DVD
Muscle Testing for Your Health by David J.Getoff
G800 Business Book
Starting a Business as a Natural Health Consultant by K.Larson
SG25 Study Group: Human Parasites of Interest
SG80 Business Building References
“Genesis School of Natural Health is absolutely one of the best natural health schools in the market! The curriculum is all inclusive and the presentation has a scaffolding effect. The school representatives are highly knowledgeable and possess a heartfelt desire to help the students. This is overall the best experience I have ever had with any school. My Master’s degree is in Public Health with a Health Education and Promotion Certification. I will tell you, Genesis School of Natural Health ranks equally with regionally accredited colleges based on Genesis’ curriculum selections and program platforms. I recommend this school to anyone wanting to gain a firm understanding of Holistic health.” – Dana A.
Download Course Catalog for more information.
Paid in Full: $1,800 (includes $150 non-refundable application fee).
Installment Plan: $1,900 ($150 non-refundable application fee as your down payment and $125.00 per month for 14 months).
SAVE $250 – Use FB250 on the discount code line on the application. You may also tell Megan Lackey, our Student Administrator that you would like the discount.
Military Discount: 25% off any program for anyone who has or is serving in the military. This discount is also available for the spouse – when one serves the whole family serves!
- Master Herbalist: With the advanced studies provided by Genesis School of Natural Health you will have the knowledge to work with clients in a professional office setting. Herbalists typically earn $75-150 per hour depending on work experience and education.
- Educator: Teaching, sharing your knowledge with others is a very diverse field. Classes may include: how to make your own tinctures, salves, and safe body products; how to grow your own herbs; anti-aging effects of nutrition and herbs, overcoming conditions like IBS, and much more.
- Public Speaking: Educational events in the field of herbology are growing. Establish your own platform or work as a guest speaker and educator at events that are already established.
- Freelance Writing/Author: Write articles or blogs for health-based websites and health food stores, write articles for magazines or newspapers, and create and publish your own book.
- Herbal Products Consultant: Most health food store owners do not know which herbal products to offer or are needed by the public. As a Master Herbalist you could be a consultant for both the herbal remedies chosen and placement of the herbal remedies within the other products.
- Herbal Products Formulator: Develop and market your own herbal formulas or work for an herbal manufacturing company.
“At Genesis School of Natural Health you’ll discover a comprehensive, personalized course of study guaranteed to equip you for your career in natural health care.I transferred to GSNH from a well-recognized, established natural health school where I had been disappointed in the lack of mentorship and hands-on training in their doctor of naturopathy program. Anyone can acquire a book list to read through and many natural health schools share similar curriculum contents… it’s the personal connection that inspires excellence and distinguishes among schools.Genesis provides incredible learning opportunities through virtual classes as well as valuable teaching through real-life case studies and one-on-one coaching for setting up your own business. Because of this I felt prepared to navigate the waters of starting my own natural health office and am now a successful, confident, holistic health practitioner.” – Faith S.
Contact Genesis School of Natural Health
Megan Lackey, Student Administrator